Saturday, October 1, 2011

October ~ A new chapter @ Glasgow, Scotland

02.10.11 ( Sunday)

Yesterday & today I cooked the same " farewell dishes" > Nasi Lemak...

Sad of leaving & nervous to go to a new place which is 'Alien' to me...I am trying to combat & stepping forward now...going to catch my train to Glasgow!

Ian, Karen & children ....I am going to miss them. Karen given me comfort that if there is anything happen just call her...with her words, I really feel warm.Ian has given me a big hand..he gave me a lift to railway station. Early morning, I went to their house to say goodbye. Tears almost fall out...

I cooked choc tong yuen + soya milk & steam chinese cream bun. All of them like it! hehe

I got cards from them ...very special card. I will never forget them, no goodbye & shall see again in December!

I reached my new home @ Glasgow. Lulu, Laura( mother of the kids), Phoebe & Scarlet (twins) , Medaline, Richard ( Husband) of Laura ...they are my friends in Glasgow now. A very open, friendly & easy-going landlady. Glad to meet them.

After that, I left those luggage aside & went out for a walk to Morrison get some cleaning stuff. Some people not really that friendly, when you try to approach them , scare them away. A big sigh!

3/10/11( Mon)


Walking & walking & I am lost...Glasgow is a big big city. Today I explored the Glasgow town centre. Walk-in to a few restaurants & enquire for vacancy.

Odd working hours...most require one to work night shift say 7 - 4a.m . That's horrible! There's one Hong Kong restaurant interested to take me in but she still considering my location coz if it's too far, they will not want to send me back home.

This Saturday am going to one of the restaurant for trial. The manager called as Johnny seems quite nice.Free food & no pay.

Yesterday & today, still am busy with buying those groceries...too much. The room got annoying odour. Today is much better after had removing those empty boxes under my bed.

08/10/11( Sat)


Today is my trial work day at Chukoku Restaurant. No pay but can enjoy free food. The manager said will call me to confirm work day for next week. So I presume he takes me in...hopefully.

As usual...simple task for me just new environment. Didn't really talk much to others...just busy working. Afterall, find less friendly environment. Sigh...just for money sake, got no choice. Trying to earn more & planning to have a long term part-time job. Praying hard no SHELL staff found out..

Food less tasty than Saigon but variety coz it is buffet & fairly cheap.

Something I find HUGE different of Glasgow than Aberdeen are there are KTV, Waterstone bookstore have 'free reading book' concept like Kinokuniya , more highways & no one actually walking > too scatter & huge. Thus, people most time rely on public transport. more mega supermarkets, shops close a bit later than at Aberdeen, flea market concept known as Forger market. Somehow, price & quality can never beat fast fashion like Primark.

I am super duper miss Lizzie. I came across peppa pig reading books make me thinking of her.

21/10/2011 ( Thursday) ~ My first week @ SHELL Glasgow
My first week at SHELL Glasgow. Very different working culture. I believe there should be "Work life balance", my colleagues go back home sharp. Just that, they prefers have their lunches at pantry. I prepare my own packed lunch all the time. Afterall, their lunch is sandwiches or ready food from M&S & get it heat up in microwave...sien lol.

Bad or good people everywhere. Similarly apply to SHELL Glasgow. Some are friendly but not all. Glasgow English is difficult to understand. At first, I thought I am the only one having problem with that. In fact,my boss from Ireland sometimes don't understand local people English.

There are quite a number of guys are working at SHELL.Even though most are ladies.






No comments:

Post a Comment