Saturday, October 23, 2010

October's diary ~ Life in Aberdeen, UK

Hi mom & all at home,


I watched you tube to do some cooking...fried bee hoon & dumpling. It is really work...actually, I enjoy cooking. But mommy always pamper us when we at home. No chance to do it myself.


I made it...the dumpling. I let my roommates tried.   Both of them said yummy...


Filling: minced pork + sesame oil+pepper+soy sauce+prawn+carrot+spring onion
Soup base : pepper+carrot+cabbage+sesame oil+salt+onion


My dumpling dinner.


As per the Taiwanese's chef teaching, Bee Hoon have to cook with boiled water for 2 minutes to soften it.
Mommy was wrong...overnight soak is not necessary. Try my way as this will not spoil the Bee Hoon. It still remain its noodle form.




Mom was very much worry after I had cheese & put on weight. Just to share with you my way of having cheese. Slice cheese & spread on the wholemeal bread . And then I put into microwave. Without butter, think its still alright. Sometimes my bread really expire, so long it has no fungus. I think that still alright to be consumed. After all, eating alone, food seem take long to finish. Supermarket selling variety of cheese, indeed very nice. Unlike Malaysia cheese, so fake. I am worry will put on weight also with so inactive lifestyle. Sometimes I do want to walk more instead of taking bus.

Aberdeen is getting colder & colder, it happened to be below negative. Super cold here.One night, rain fall & the next morning. It has become snow. 


I am no longer wear sandals, got to cover my feet. Sometimes, I am started to wear glove. When you open your mouth, you can see "cold air" coming out from your mouth. It is an indication of coldness. Indeed it is cold, luckily not strong wind. Otherwise, with lower temperature, even killing.

In times of preparing for winter, I have got myself two pieces of winter clothes which I think price is fairly reasonable. These are from one of the warehouse clearance concept store, branded but outdated fashion.Hence, these are cheap to go. > http://www.tkmaxx.com/  There are plenty of good quality cum cheap or expensive one. Just got to be wise to search. I have spent 3 hours there.

Jacket costs GBP 30. 

Winter coat costs GBP15
Sigh...I am working on my resume. Just got to know that, we should start applying job now. Wow..sound early. But they said we should do that, a year in advance. here is differ from Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment